PrincessBookie

Princess Bookie (Virginia on GR)

Ice Queen
The Broken Triangle
Jane Davitt, Alexa Snow
A Little Bit Country
S.J. Frost
Once a Marine - Cat Grant 3.5 star. Nice story. I liked both Cole and Marc. Cole was so easy to fall in love with. Such a sweet guy who was going through some very real struggles in adjusting from his military life. He was symphathetic, easy to understand, and had a big desire to love. Marc was frustrating at times but I understood his issues. He had been burned in the past so had put up some walls around his heart to protect himself. It was hard for Cole to get that at first because Cole was so clearly willing to give his heart to Marc, yet Marc would push back on it. Marc had to grow to trust that Cole wasn't going to bail on him like the others.

Some secondary characters add some nice humor and angst to the story (I so wanted to kick Cole's dad's ass but understood how Cole handled it). I also got a little teary when Marc came through for Cole.

Overall, felt it was a pretty realistic protrayal given the personalities and histories of Marc and Cole.

The changing POV tenses was a bit distracting and affected my rating a bit.