PrincessBookie

Princess Bookie (Virginia on GR)

Ice Queen
A Little Bit Country
S.J. Frost
Beyond Duty - S.J.D. Peterson Photo below of what started it all:
description

Sigh...what can I say. Wonderful. This expansion of the original free short was wonderful. I loved Gunny's fretting and how Mac knows him so well. The family stories were a wonderful addition - even though troubling in places for our guys. However, they didn't overwhelm the story because these were 40+ year olds and more mature in handling what life could hand them without taking them over.

Oh, how I loved the bar scene and the couple "babys" we got. Yum. Yeah, the bar drinking didn't end well but I loved a playful Mac while it was happening and left feeling hope that they can do it again without fear of a fight. And Mac admitting the secret about Private Carter - could I love him more? Mac's speech was beautiful and I was so happy that Gunny wanted Mac to not have to hide what they were to each other. He wants Mac to show him off - I'm hoping he gets that with a growly possessive Mac :). I love these 40+ year old military guys starting a new life together.

The placements of some d/s was wonderful but didn't overwhelm the story that needed to be told. Mac's present to Gunny gave hope for some wonderful adventures - maybe a weekend getaway that includes a visit at Ty and Blake's bar? See the author's [b:Riveted|16112878|Riveted (Whispering Pines Ranch, #5.5)|S.J.D. Peterson|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1351392679s/16112878.jpg|21929209]

I so appreciate this author doing this full length story. I was touched by her dedication to me for doing the original short story prompt but she made these characters come alive and gave us their incredible story. The credit is all hers. Standing applause.