PrincessBookie

Princess Bookie (Virginia on GR)

Ice Queen
The Broken Triangle
Jane Davitt, Alexa Snow
A Little Bit Country
S.J. Frost
Master Class - Rachel Haimowitz I had read Sublime: Collected Shorts before this book and really loved it. I anxiously awaited this prequel to the story of Devon and Nicky. This is not suger kink or glitter bdsm. It's for the bdsm lovers who enjoy when a story pushes the edges. The story takes off fast - maybe because I knew the couple from Sublime I was able to jump right into this story of how they met. Their initial meets are intense scenes. I knew how much Nicky enjoyed physical pain from Sublime so that helped me understand that Nicky wanted what Devon was offering/giving. However, I was able to see how they were both drawn to each other and we do get to hear both perspectives of the characters. This is a fairly short novella - about 50 pages of story so it really only encompasses their initial two meets with one long scene that shows how they will pull together as a couple. It's an intense domination scene with physical pain as Devon (dom) tries to break down Nicky's (sub) concrete thick walls that he has used to hide from the world.

4.5 stars for me. I wish it would have had one last sex scene to pull them together, had some more physical descriptions of Nicky and Devon in the beginning to set it all up and, of course, been a little longer. Could read more about this couple...