PrincessBookie

Princess Bookie (Virginia on GR)

Ice Queen
The Broken Triangle
Jane Davitt, Alexa Snow
A Little Bit Country
S.J. Frost
Chasin' Eight (Rough Riders, #11) - Lorelei James I really liked this book. Found it a little different from the others in the series and I liked that. Unlike some of the other reviewers, I really enjoyed the slow build of this couple as they got to know each other but still flirted like crazy. When they finally got to their hot lovin', it seemed like it was the right place for it to start given their troublesome personal histories.

I also really liked that Chase was not the physical perfection that was written for the other males in this series and in most romances. Yeah, he's gorgeous but he's only 5' 7" and struggles with that as a lot of males do. Plus, he's in a field of work which is high on testosterone - something he's not short of despite his height! It was refreshing to have a hero not be so damn physically perfect. I felt it really added to his appeal as he struggled with it. Ava annoyed me in some places when she did too much acting vs. being real but overall I liked her spunk. Without spoiling, I complelely understood why Chase was upset at her perceived betrayal toward the end of the book. Seemed pretty stupid of her to even consider.

I felt the ending of the book was a little disjointed. Appears to be setting up future books but Ava and Chase's reuniting just seemed a little cumbersome as a result. Can't wait for the next book which apparently is going to be about dominant Ben. If you like the RR series, you should enjoy this book.