PrincessBookie

Princess Bookie (Virginia on GR)

Ice Queen
The Broken Triangle
Jane Davitt, Alexa Snow
A Little Bit Country
S.J. Frost
Out of the Fire - Ariel Tachna 4.5 stars. I really enjoyed this book. It's a long book focusing on the relationship of Takoda and Rhys. Rhys, who is a dom, calls his friend Evan, a fellow dom, for help after Takoda is a victim of a violent crime and assault. Takoda is a sub whose only experience in BDSM was at the hands of a monster. Takoda and Rhys had both been attracted to each other but neither had done anything about it before the attack. Rhys moves Takoda in to help him heal. Rhys is struggling in how to be the right kind of dom to Takoda when all he sees is how badly Takoda was hurt and treats him with kid gloves. Takoda is too inexperienced to know what he needs from Rhys. They both clearly love each other but can't move past the attack without the judging eye of a 3rd party to help.

Evan flies in to help out and the books focuses on Evan helping the two to come together. There's also a side story with Evan finally finding someone who peaks his interest long term as well. I think there is also a good, and realistic, range of emotions experienced by all 3 guys as they try to work together.

Due to Takoda's assault and newness to BDSM, there is a lot of dialogue in this book about BDSM, and why people choose and desire BDSM. Having read a lot of BDSM books where everyone just jumps into it, this was a refreshing change to see that level of communication and a long story of recovery and love which is more typical than a 100 page fix all I too often see.