PrincessBookie

Princess Bookie (Virginia on GR)

Ice Queen
The Broken Triangle
Jane Davitt, Alexa Snow
A Little Bit Country
S.J. Frost
Need You Tonight - Katrina Strauss This book and the first in the series are my faves in the series. I liked that we finally got some closure with Cameron which I felt was always hanging over Derek and Blue's head. The bdsm scenes were hot although I wish there had been some talk about condoms with Dusty or just a simple putting a condom on. I didn't mind the adding of the third in this book, because it always seemed to me to be more play than anything serious. I appreciated that Blue fought to include Derek in it and having it be play for him, too. Throughout this book, I felt that Blue and Derek were clearly always about each other. Their trust and love in each other has solidified past both their insecurities from the previous books. Although there are still misunderstandings and the need for more communication, in this book I clearly felt the commitment of Blue and Derek to each other above all others.

The series has mostly been written from Blue's perspective, but, more me, the story was equally Derek's. He is such a strong and unique character. I wish he had shared more with Blue about his dad's illness but appreciated that he let Blue in at the end and we saw him as the series advanced let Blue see his vulnerability more and more. Like the other books, there is also some nice banter and Blue's inner brat made for some smiles, especially when Derek knew what he was doing.

Not sure if there will be more in this series but I want to keep them as a couple and any extras just being for play and nothing serious. If this is the end, then there are some unresolved issues around Derek's history with his domme, Derek's dreaming of his neighbor and the issue of Blue's dad and his mistress.