PrincessBookie

Princess Bookie (Virginia on GR)

Ice Queen
The Broken Triangle
Jane Davitt, Alexa Snow
A Little Bit Country
S.J. Frost
The Square Peg - Jane Davitt, Alexa Snow 4.5 stars. I really enjoyed this one but I tend to like about everything from this writing team. I especially liked that the characters weren't what was typically written. Shane, the tough talking bar owner, ended up having more submissive qualities with Ben. Ben, the straight laced accountant, was the dom. That wasn't the typical stereotypes for men in those positions. So often, the nerdy accountant is the sub and the tough talking bar owner the dom. I enjoyed the mixing of that up. Shane being a Brit added some funny language as well.

I liked that we were there with Ben as he slowly let his inner dom out and struggled a bit in figuring out if what we was doing with Shane was hurting Shane or wrong. The sex was rough and hot. Shane was a favorite character with me with his pushy attitude and the pushing he did toward his dom to get a reaction. It was obvious he would be the kind of sub who liked being punished :). I also liked that the guys had to be a team in getting the bar back up and running. No one had a stronger position than the other - both of them were needed. Nice mix of secondary characters as well - am hoping we get a book 2.

What kept this from being a 5 star rating for me was 1) the arson scene seemed unnecessary. The guys seemed to have enough of their angst in the making with their inability to figure out if they could admit to wanting a relationship. 2) Call me a fiend but we never got our promised bareback scene! Grrrrr.