PrincessBookie

Princess Bookie (Virginia on GR)

Ice Queen
The Broken Triangle
Jane Davitt, Alexa Snow
A Little Bit Country
S.J. Frost
A Better Man - Jaime Reese, R.J. Scott My favorite stories are second chance stories and I loved the story of two guys getting second chances. Both the MCs were easy to root for. Nice set of secondary characters (Sam, Lindy, Matt's dad) although Matt's mom was too much. She needed to have been dealt with by Matt's dad on how she treated her kids a long time before she got it.

What dropped this a star for me was 1) The "I Love Yous" came way too fast for me considering both MC's backgrounds. I think they could have made it about caring for each other without the love yous and made it seem more likely for these guys and a build to the love yous. 2) I think I would have liked it even better if Matt hadn't just covered up for his brother but had also broken the law himself. I didn't need him to be clean of wrongdoing and covering for his brother. I think having had him screw up, too, and learning from it would have added even more to his life turnaround. I know he felt he had screwed up, but technically it came across with him being innocent but taking the fall for his brother. I guess, for me, having had Matt also be part of the law breaking in a more direct way would have made his second chance even more wonderful.

Overall, I enjoyed this one.