PrincessBookie

Princess Bookie (Virginia on GR)

Ice Queen
The Broken Triangle
Jane Davitt, Alexa Snow
A Little Bit Country
S.J. Frost
Training Ryan [Hard Hits 2] (Siren Publishing Classic ManLove) - This story had such promise but it didn't come through for me. We had Trent who was a cop who was recently injured and now deaf. What a story there could have been on him coping with his disability while remaining in law enforcement. Instead, it basically gets wiped over by jumping ahead 7 months and everything appearing to be fine except that he doesn't like not hearing his voice.

A big "pull me out of the story" was Trent making the decision on his own, without any discussion with Ryan, to not use a condom. There had been no discussion about sharing medical histories or getting tested, etc. He just decided in the act to not use one.

Ryan's angst of pushing Trent away seemed pretty contrived and weak. We had no inner dialogue about his medical issues until all of a sudden he's telling Trent about it as a reason they couldn't be together. I don't recall us ever being told what kind of cancer he had previously had.

The BDSM scenes came across very superficial to me. It always felt like these guys were wanna be doms and subs rather then truly connecting with what BDSM was. They tried to talk like they were in the scene but it was never really believable to me and fairly eye rolling in places.

I don't think this author's writing style works for me.