PrincessBookie

Princess Bookie (Virginia on GR)

Ice Queen
The Broken Triangle
Jane Davitt, Alexa Snow
A Little Bit Country
S.J. Frost
Working It Out - Sean Michael 3.5 stars. A very sweet, emotional novella about second chances. Has a hurt/comfort theme after a huge misunderstanding. There were some gaps for me such as that Afton and Luke had been living together but somehow it was easy for Luke to misunderstand that Afton was somehow responsible for his sexual assault. That tells me their relationship was pretty weak at the time - yet, the story seems to indicate otherwise. Another gap is that Luke apparently went to the hospital so there would have automatically been a police report off a sexual assault - regardless if he pressed charges. Or, maybe he didn't get to the hospital but it was clear he went for HIV testing. In addition, I think it would be harder for an advertising agency to toss away their biggest account off an allegation. I'd like to believe it would happen under these circumstances but am a bit pessimistic that it would. All these questions kind of threw me out of the story a little and dropped it in my rating.

No BDSM in this one - just lovers reconnecting. I also appreciated that Luke learned to stand up for himself versus just having Afton fight his battles for him. It was easy to root for these guys and I overall enjoyed this story.