PrincessBookie

Princess Bookie (Virginia on GR)

Ice Queen
The Broken Triangle
Jane Davitt, Alexa Snow
A Little Bit Country
S.J. Frost
Power Play: Awakening - Rachel Haimowitz, Cat Grant This is a series about a sadist so the BDSM is intense for those who need to be warned.

Really, really enjoyed this one. Read this one back to back with the first book and that made me enjoy them both more. I enjoyed all the extra pages we got to see this couple progress and fall for each other. They both grew up and learned to trust the other. Unlike the first book, the BDSM scenes in this one were that of a sadist and his sub, but clearly done to pleasure or to punish. Nothing else. No trying to drive the other away this time.

Although the most drastic changes occur with Brandon, Jonathan makes his own changes for their relationship. The guys were falling in love and it was all the more beautiful in that they both had to fight for it. The scene where Brandon gives his submission to Jonathan was a work of art. The writing so solid that I felt like I was right there in the room with them. The scene in China with the cane was also a strong progression from Brandon and when the guys came together after their falling out - well done. I also felt we got to see Jonathan's vulnerability because he had his internal dialogue first that he loved Bran and didn't think it possible to be returned. The I Love Yous were so full of confidence when they happened.

As a Devon and Nicky fan, it was fun to get a visit from them, too. Great couple of books. I was sad to see their story end. Maybe, like Devon and Nicky, we'll get to see them again sometime. Gorgeous cover.